Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Update

I haven't posted in well over a year, but i feel i need a break from the monotony of the day. So I will be starting to post (hopefully) weekly or if something interesting happens. I recently went on vacation to California so I might be posting some pictures soon. I've been thinking about classic novels a lot recently because I'm reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and so far it is very interesting I'm almost a hundred pages in and there has been plenty of prostitutes war and lies(the Trask family is pretty damn disfunctional). I have also started thinking about Ernest Hemingway and I have looked up some interesting facts about him. I would definitely recommend looking them up too. In doing this I stumbled upon some information in a play about him (the play was fictional however) in the play he was bet he couldn't write a six word story. the story he wrote was "For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn." and at first these words mean nothing at all but when you look deeper it is depressingly sad. This is the kind of thing that modern books and novels lack.If you are ever looking for a good sad book read the book Looking for Alaska (this book has nothing to do with the state) it is probably the most sad, most well written book I have read in a while. any ways I'm just realizing how all over the place this post is I hope you can decipher what i meant. I look forward to posting next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment